We all want that baby-smooth, supple, celebrity-looking skin, but if you struggle with uneven skin tone and texture, beautiful skin feels almost like a pipe dream. Let me tell you right now – it’s not!
Uneven skin texture simply refers to the surface of your skin, and when it feels bumpy and rough, it means your skin is dry, dead cells have set up camp on your skin and blackheads may be peeking through.
When you live with uneven skin tone and texture, applying makeup can be a battle. It won’t go on smoothly, which may lead to a clumped, uneven look. This may lead you to believe that you’re wearing bad makeup, causing you to spend loads of dollars on new products that you don’t need. You simply need to evaluate and hydrate your skin!
You don’t have to accept living with uneven skin texture! With the right steps, procedures and products, smoother skin is within your grasp.
How To Improve Skin Texture
Uneven skin texture can be attributed to a multitude of different factors, such as dead cell buildup, sun damage, pollutants in the environment, acne, genetics or a poor skin care routine.
These factors can affect any person of any age, and some are even unavoidable, like genetics. However, you can take some simple steps to combat uneven skin texture:
- Scrub, scrub, scrub! Dead skin cells that accumulate on the skin’s surface can cause the skin to look dull and flaky, so exfoliating regularly helps to maintain clean and smooth skin.
- Use a chemical exfoliant. Chemical exfoliants target dead skin cells with specific acids to unclog pores and brighten skin.
- Use a facial moisturizer. Moisturizing daily prevents your skin from becoming too dry or oily, which if left unchecked can cause acne. Moisturizing locks in hydration, and with all the harsh pollutants in the environment, your skin craves all the hydration it can get.
- Wear SPF even when you’re not at the beach! Wearing SPF every day, no matter if you’re just going out to run a few errands, can make all the difference in the protection of your skin. The sun is just as fierce in the department store parking lot as it is at the beach, so protect your skin with quality sunscreen daily.
- Consider a vitamin C serum. Vitamin C is a proven antioxidant that stimulates the production of collagen in your skin. The brightness and elasticity of your skin have everything to do with collagen and can aid in the smoothness of your complexion.
There are many solutions on how to get smooth skin, and while these simple steps can help in smoothing skin texture, there are additional alternatives available to you that could yield greater and speedier results.
In-Office Solution Highlights
AesthetiCare MedSpa has 37 FDA-approved aesthetic devices to help you obtain the smooth skin you desire, including but not limited to radio frequency (RF), lasers, acoustic wave, microwave, and cryotherapy devices. Our team consists of nine talented registered nurses and an overall staff with over 250 years of combined aesthetic experience. With AesthetiCare, the possibilities are endless when it comes to improving the look and health of your skin. The most highly recommended in-office solutions for healthier skin include:
- Advanced Acne Therapy: A variety of different treatments exist to treat active acne, so a unique treatment plan would be designed for you. Non-invasive therapies such as laser treatment for acne scars, light systems, chemical peels, and extractions can dramatically improve the appearance of acne with little to no downtime or irritation.
- Chemical Peel: Chemical peels are an excellent, non-invasive way to address sun damage, uneven skin tone, enlarged pores, and blotchy skin. To achieve the best results, several treatments are recommended to reveal brighter and smoother skin.
- HydraFacial: Exfoliate, extract and replenish your skin with this non-invasive treatment designed to improve skin texture. Expect long-lasting results, minimized dark spots and improved hydration with no irritation or downtime.
- MOXI Laser: The magical MOXI Laser delivers non-ablative laser energy to revitalize your skin’s appearance. Overall tone and texture are improved, uneven pigmentation is corrected, and discoloration, fine lines, and large pores are reduced to reveal naturally glowing skin.
- Microneedling: This procedure stimulates the production of collagen in your skin by utilizing a series of microneedles with minimal trauma or damage to the epidermis. Microneedling also treats acne scars, fine lines, and sun damage and results in overall improved skin appearance.
If you’d like to schedule your complimentary consultation to discuss any one of these treatments, our AesthetiCare team will be glad to meet with you and address all your skincare goals.
Achieving smooth skin is one thing, but holding on to it is another thing altogether. Using the right products is crucial in the management of skin cleanliness and texture. At AesthetiCare MedSpa, we provide the latest and greatest products for keeping your skin looking flawless all year long. The best products for maintaining your skin’s smooth texture include the following.
- Increased acne is a major hindrance to smooth skin, but using AC Acne Spot Treatment reduces redness and swelling, and it minimizes the possibility of post-acne scarring.
- Restore moisture to your skin while fighting enlarged pores and age spots. Discoloration of the skin affects skin texture, but using AC Advanced Retinol diminishes discoloration, resulting in an overall even skin tone.
- The stressors of daily life and a decrease in oil production can have a massive effect on our skin as we get older, which is why it’s crucial to have an effective skin care regimen. The AC Age Reverse System is an anti-aging body treatment formulated to enhance luminosity and correct skin appearance, maintaining skin texture years down the road.
- The key to maintaining an even skin texture is the regular removal of dead skin cells. When those build up on the skin, it affects the overall feel and health of your skin. The AC Dual Action Toner is a botanically infused serum that targets the removal of those dead skin cells, restoring luminosity and improving skin texture.
- Make sure to use a gentle and effective daily cleanser to remove all makeup and harsh environmental pollutants that plague your face during the day. The AC Lavender Creamy Cleanser is a hydrating milk cleanser with aloe and vitamin E that effectively removes all dirt and grime while nourishing your skin with all the hydration it needs.
If you’d like to learn more, shop all our products or make a purchase, you can do so online! Click here to shop!
About AesthetiCare MedSpa
AesthetiCare MedSpa has served the Kansas City metro area for more than 20 years. We provide a complimentary, one-hour consultation and skin evaluation to all interested clients to ensure each person receives the services needed to achieve their unique health goals. Getting started with AesthetiCare is the first step in achieving the skin of your dreams. Contact us today to learn more about the products and services we can offer you.