Everything you need to know about Botox injections in Kansas City.
Everyone has their reason for making their first appointment at a med spa. Whether patients are motivated by fine wrinkles, crow’s feet, or the loss of facial volume – our patients always have a common goal: to restore and/or maintain their youth. The common first step? Botox Injections in Kansas City.
What is Botox?
BOTOX® Cosmetic is the only FDA-approved treatment to temporarily improve the appearance of both moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and crow’s feet in adults.
We already mentioned Botox is a neurotoxin. So, what is a neurotoxin? According to MedicalNewsToday, neurotoxins target the nervous system, disrupting the signaling processes that allow neurons to communicate effectively.
Millions of people receive Botox Injections each year.
At AesthetiCare we offer Botox in Kansas City and consult with patients on a daily basis in regards to their goals, areas of concern and which treatments will provide the best results.
For patients, and beginners especially, Botox Injections are the most popular med spa/cosmetic procedure in the United States. More than 6 million treatments are administered each year – according to Medical News Today.
The health and well-being of our patients is our main focus. Therefore, we’re shining a light on the true facts and debunking the myths of Botox.
When should I use Botox?
Every person has their reasons for seeking a Botox treatment. Often, people request Botox injections in Kansas City for physical, emotional and/or social reasons.
- Improved appearance
- Enhanced self-esteem
- Prevent early aging
- Botox for Migraines
What does Botox do?
You probably have a good idea what Botox is already, but we’re going to clearly define and explain how Botox injections works.
According to BOTOX®, Botox Cosmetic targets the repeated muscle contractions from frowning and squinting over the years. These muscle contractions are the underlying causes of the frown lines and crow’s feet people often want to overcome. These dynamic wrinkles can give the appearance of being constantly tired, distressed or even angry.
Types of conditions treated with Botox in Kansas City.
Most people see their first wrinkles appear around the eyes and mouth. Wrinkles may result from a combination of many factors. It’s not only a result of cellular changes over time, but a reduction in collagen production and/or sun damage are also key influencers.
Natural, repeated movement of the face can cause formation of fine lines and wrinkles. When you frown or concentrate, the muscles between your brows contract, causing your skin to furrow and fold. The same effect happens when you squint, the muscles around your eyes contract and will cause crow’s feet over time.
According to the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, crow’s feet are the fine lines that form around the eyes. They are primarily caused by sun exposure, but smoking can contribute to their formation.
Additional causes of aging & wrinkles.
Wrinkling in the skin is caused by:
- Habitual facial expressions
- Sun damage
- Poor hydration
The differences between facial lines: dynamic vs. static facial lines
The American Society for Dermatological Surgery explains there are two different types of facial lines – static and dynamic facial lines.
- Static facial lines are visible at all times, even during a resting expression and sleep. Static lines are a result of squinting, frowning, and sun damage over time.
- Dynamic lines are a result of activating underlying facial muscles. These lines are only visible during muscle contractions like squinting or smiling.
How does Botox work?
Botox is a neurotoxin which prevents signals from the nerve cells to reach muscles. In doing so, it effectively leaves the muscles without the ability to contract. After a specialist injects these muscles with BOTOX® Cosmetic the neurotoxins will temporarily reduce muscle activity. By reducing the muscle activity that creates wrinkles, BOTOX® can smooth out facial features for a younger, more rested look.
Are Neurotoxins in Botox safe?
Nneurotoxins found in Botox Injections in Kansas City are safe to be injected into the skin in extremely small concentrations. These neurotoxins work by preventing signals from the nerve cells to reach the muscles, effectively leaving the muscles without instructions to contract – therefore paralyzing them. This type of neurotoxin has medical and cosmetic value.
*All information in this section is accredited to MedicalNewsToday.
Neurotoxins in Botox has medical and cosmetic applications
The neurotoxins found in Botox are most commonly used as a treatment to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines in older adults.
According to Medical News Today, Botox has been found useful in treating a variety of medical conditions including eye squints, migraines, excess sweating and leaky bladders.
Where are the Botox injections placed and how long is the treatment?
Your specialist at AesthetiCare will discuss your goals for your treatment and will perform a facial analysis during our free one-hour consultation. After the analysis, we will determine the appropriate treatments for you. The actual process for Botox injections in Kansas City takes about 10 minutes.
Will I look frozen?
This is the common thing most people hear about Botox in Kansas City – I’m going to look frozen! While the media has displayed people with “frozen” facial expressions, this is not always the case.
Many people are familiar with the common mistakes of Botox, but receiving Botox in Kansas City from a professional aesthetician will avoid this undesirable outcome. Your Botox injection treatments should be adjusted appropriately over the course of time based on your appearance and need to prevent a “frozen” appearance. We always tell patients the goal is no wrinkles, not no movement.
Is Botox for men too?
Yes! At AesthetiCare in Kansas City, we treat moderate to severe facial lines and wrinkles for men with botox injections in Kansas City.
According to BOTOX® Cosmetic, in clinical studies for moderate to severe frown lines, 17.5% of patients treated with BOTOX® Cosmetic were men. In the clinical studies for moderate to severe crow’s feet, male patients comprised approximately 10% of patients treated with BOTOX® Cosmetic.
What is the FDA’s opinion on Botox?
According to AllMed Healthcare Management, Inc., the FDA originally approved the use of Botox and Botulinum Toxin in 1989 for the treatment of strabismus – or eye muscle problems – and blepharospasm – abnormal spasms of the eye. In 2002, it was approved for a cosmetic purpose, treating moderate to severe frown lines between the eyebrows for people between the ages of 18 to 65.
Alternatives to Botox
What’s the difference between Botox Injections in Kansas City and Dermal Fillers?
According to NonSurgicalCosmeticSurgeon.com, dermal fillers come in a variety of injectables designed to add volume to the face. While Botox is the leading procedure to limit facial muscle contractions. Dermal fillers are often used in conjunction with BOTOX®, as the two can have complementary effects.
What can Dermal Fillers treat?
Med spa patients can use dermal fillers to address a wide range of skin concerns. For instance, dermal fillers can be used to:
- Restore age-related lost volume which can cause skin sagging and deep wrinkles
- Minimize the appearance of deep scars.
- Add plumpness to the lips and balancing out thin facial features.
Different types of Dermal Fillers.
If you’re interested in restoring volume to your face, there are many dermal filler options to choose from.
- Juvéderm is a gel composed primarily of hyaluronic acid. As people age, the level of hyaluronic acid disperses from the skin causing deep wrinkles and folds. Juvederm in Kansas City can help combat this process by restoring the level of hyaluronic acid to the skin. As the skin smooths and stretches, the appearance of wrinkles disappear.
- Voluma, which is also known as JUVÉDERM VOLUMA® XC, can plump and add volume to cheeks to correct age-related volume loss in the cheeks. This process has the potential to create a more youthful appearance.
- RADIESSE is a wrinkle dermal filler that is used to plump the skin. RADIESSE’s benefits continue by stimulating the natural collagen rejuvenation process.
- Restylane & Restylane Lyft
- Fight the signs of facial aging with Restylane & Restylane Lyft. Patients can expect natural-looking results, smoothing away facial wrinkles and folds and adding volume to lips.
- BELOTERO BALANCE®
- BELOTERO BALANCE® injectable gel is a prescription injection that is used to temporarily smooth out and fill in moderate-to-severe nasolabial folds as well as other moderate-to-severe etched-in lines and wrinkles around your lips and mouth.
- Sculptra® Aesthetic is a part of AesthetiCare’s dermal fillers in Kansas City. Unlike hyaluronic acid (HA) fillers, Sculptra Aesthetic helps stimulate the skin’s natural collagen production to potentially restore its inner structure and increase the facial volume that has been lost to aging.
AesthetiCare has been serving men and women in Kansas City since 2001. In that time, AesthetiCare has grown to become one of the largest aesthetic centers in the country.
AesthetiCare is very unique because we are a national training center for Botox, dermal fillers, laser treatments, and general aesthetics.
Our success is based on a very simple philosophy: offer the most effective treatments available, performed by highly trained staff, all layered with customer service that far exceeds expectations.
- We own 37 FDA approved aesthetic devices including lasers, radiofrequency, ultrasound, microwave, acoustic wave, and cryotherapy devices.
- Medical direction provided by board certified plastic surgeons.
- Our staff includes 4 Registered Nurses with over 49 combined years experience in aesthetics and 5 licensed aestheticians with over 50 combined years experience in aesthetics.
- We have one of the most thorough menus of services available in today’s aesthetic market.
Request a free virtual consulation to determine if Botox is right for you.