Professional Permanent Makeup: Lip Procedure
Beautiful lips that don’t smudge or wear off can be yours with a permanent makeup professional lip procedure in Kansas City. Lipstick easily rubs off, and it can become a hassle to constantly reapply. Enhance the appearance of your lips, correct asymmetry, and define them permanently. Our specialist Christina has a variety of colors to choose from to fit anyone’s personal style. From very natural lip colors to the boldest and brightest.
Pigment retention depends on skin type, age, aftercare, sun exposure, use of certain skin products, pigments, immune system, medications and other factors. Touch ups are recommended once every 1-2 years to prevent natural fading.
Permanent makeup is NOT recommended for any of the following clients:
- Pregnant or nursing
- Diabetic* ask our specialist Christina
- Chemotherapy (consult your doctor)
- Viral infections and/or diseases
- Pacemaker or major heart problems
- Organ transplant
- Skin irritations or Psoriasis near the treated area (rashes, sunburn, acne, etc.)
- Sick (cold, flu, etc.)
- Botox in the past 2 weeks
- Darker skin that is prone to hyperpigmentation* ask Christina
If you are requesting a lip procedure, of any kind, it is very important to consult with us regarding the following:
- Cold sores
- Herpes simplex
If you have EVER had any of the listed conditions, it is very important that you become pre-treated with Valtrex, this prescription may be requested by your physician. For your safety, we recommend that you take Valtrex ( 2 tablets) 1 day before the procedure, again 2 tablets on the day of the procedure and 1 tablet every day for 7 days after your lip procedure.
If you have dark lips, please send photos of your lips to: email@example.com to be sure you are a good candidate for lip enhancement.
Important Steps to Take Before a Lip Procedure in Kansas City
- Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E, Fish Oil or Ibuprofen 24 hours before the procedure.
- No alcohol or excessive caffeine intake 2 days before the procedure.
- If you have ever had a cold sore or shingles, you will need to take and obtain Valtrex from your doctor.
- Natural, vibrant lips
- Symmetrical lips
- thin, unsymmetrical lips
- Results that last between 1.5 and 2 years!
- Clean and sterile environment
- Our staff have been highly trained and performed many procedures
What you should know prior to a professional lip procedure in Kansas City
Please be aware that the result of the procedure is depending the following: Medication and health conditions, Skin Conditions – i.e. oily and poor skin, very dry/flaky skin, sun-damaged skin, loose or laxed skin, Natural skin undertones, Alcohol intake and smoking, General stress, immune system, Poor diet and not following the aftercare instructions, may affect your healed results.
Proper care following your procedure is necessary to achieve the best results. Keep in mind that in many cases, some unevenness of color is to be expected. This is the purpose of the touch-up visit.
After 3-4 hours from your procedure, use the provided ice packs as needed to get swelling down.
Keep your lips moist at all times. Avoid spicy foods, direct contact with foods or drinks on the treated area for the first 2 days.
Remember to schedule your touch-up appointment at around the 30-days. Your service is not complete until after your second touch-up appointment.
Example: Use a straw when drinking liquids or using a fork when eating food.
- Disposable Ice packs may be applied as necessary to reduce swelling.
- Wash your hands before touching any treated area. Some itching is normal. DO NOT PICK, PEEL, OR SCRATCH the treated area or your color may heal unevenly. You may also risk scarring and infection.
- No makeup is to be applied until all the scabs are gone.
- If using herpes medication, continue as prescribed. Do not use teeth bleaching products until fully healed.
- After 2 months of your procedure you may get Botox/and Fillers
The outcome of permanent cosmetic procedures is dictated by its canvas. The better condition your skin is in, the better the final result will be. Dry, sun damaged skin and lips are very difficult to achieve a beautiful even result. Mature clients may need an additional one to two weeks healing for the final results to appear. The better you take care of your skin and protect it from UV rays, the better the outcome and lifespan of the permanent cosmetic procedures.